|Referendum Law Outlines...
• A referendum system that will be used for the Southern Sudan Referendum.
• Conditions for voter eligibility.
• Regulations for referendum information campaigns.
• Legal requirements for being in the Referendum Register inside and outside of Southern Sudan.
• Conditions under which a referendum may be delayed or postponed, and actions to be taken to reschedule.
• Authority and requirements for the establishment of Southern Sudan Referendum Bureau, High Committees and Sub-Committees, and Referendum Centers.
• Corrupt and illegal practices and referendum offenses.
• Processes for sorting and counting votes, and declaring and objecting to referendum results.
• Rules for the conduct of the Referendum.
Referendum Law Provides for…
• A framework for Southern Sudanese to exercise have the right to freely vote in secret in the Referendum held under the provisions of the Constitution and the Referendum Act.
• A voter registration exercise in which voters establish their eligibility to vote and have their names included on the referendum register (The Commission is to make rules and procedures for registration).
• Publication of the provisional voters’ list to allow for revision of voters’ details and objections to the list.
• Publication of the final voters’ list.
• Basic polling procedures.
• Observation of the referendum and the right of accredited observers to be present during all referendum processes.