Securing humanitarian assistance for the war affected areas in South Kordafan and Blue NileSource: Embassy
Date Added: Tuesday, 31 July 2012
1. To strictly adhere to the sovereignty of Sudan and the obligation of the Government of Sudan to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country as well as its right to maintain security and enforce the law in accordance with Article 3 of the Second Protocol of 1977 annexed to the four Geneva Conventions of 1949.
2. Guarantee the right of access to food and humanitarian aid of all those affected by the conflict without discrimination.
3. The initiative will lead itself to immediately end the armed conflict through a comprehensive approach.
4. To acknowledge what the Government has provided in terms of humanitarian aid to affected areas in both States.
5. To affirm the sovereignty of the Government of Sudan in supervising humanitarian aid operations in all territories in Sudan.
6. To affirm the partnership between the Government and the (three) sponsoring parties in reviewing technical arrangements to resolve humanitarian problems in the affected areas.
7. The need to agree on definite time frame for humanitarian operations.
8. To endorse a joint work plan to provide humanitarian aid between the Government and the (three) sponsoring parties.
9. To endorse and implement, in States, the laws, regulations and directives governing humanitarian work of the Government of Sudan.
Upon these principles the Government of Sudan has designed an agreed work plan to execute the initiative with the partners.
The Government while welcoming the initiative and commending the international parties, confirms its commitment to its leading role to address humanitarian needs of all citizens, especially in zones of security tensions.